Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Upcycled Video Box Book

Book made from a VHS Box























I've been making journals with vintage books using the covers and some of the interior pages but today I repurposed some old VHS boxes. The Nightmare Before Christmas book was from the interior sheet that was inside a plastic VHS box. The sheet was only heavy paper so I backed it on acid free cardboard. The Benny and Joon book was too thin so I included the spine and was also backed on acid free cardboard since it wasn't as heavy as I prefer. I keep art journals in my purse and that's a challenging environment for a thin cover.

Book made from a VHS Box























The paper inside is acid free sketching paper that came in a back to school bundle from Blick. I used a paper cutter to cut the paper to size.

No comments:

Post a Comment