Saturday, August 15, 2009

Look What The Mailman Brought

cover of a recycled book turned into an art journalI love art journals and these are extra special. I bought them online from www.bookjournals.com. They are made from recycled books, have some of the original pages scattered throughout and contain about 75 sheets of acid free paper.

The paper is similar to what you would find in a typical artist sketch book, not heavyweight, but nice. The images are a little askew since I took the photos outside and barely avoided the oncoming rain.

Fairy Tales From France is dated 1920.
 recycled book turned into an art journal


This is the front inside cover art and the following is the back, inside cover.

 recycled book turned into an art journal


The book also contains illustrations of Cinderella, a king and jester from the story The Magic Whistle, a giant from The King's Messenger, and text.

cover of a recycled book turned into an art journal


 recycled book turned into an art journal

Art Stories Book 3 has color and black and white illustrations of children doing art, plus art and design. The end papers have lovely blue and yellow art related illustrations.

cover of a recycled book turned into an art journal


Nikos and the Sea God has a library card pocket inside and nice color illustrations.

cover of a recycled book turned into an art journal


 What's Next is a reading book from my first grade. I was very happy to see the color illustration of the girls dancing around the maypole inside. I've looked for this book on eBay but didn't know the name so it was amazing to finally find it this way.


cover of a recycled book turned into an art journal


Trade Winds was another old school book that I had.

cover of a recycled book turned into an art journalI bought enough books to qualify for a free one and The Face in the Mist had an appealing cover.

I can hardly wait to start using these delightful books.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. These are fabulous. I've got to get some for myself. Now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These are fabulous. I need to get some for myself. Now.
    (I'm having trouble with the comment function...this might be a duplicate.)

    ReplyDelete