Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twyla Tharp The Creative Habit

Twyla Tharp The Creative Habit






















I will admit I was reluctant to read this book since I thought it would be about being creative through dance and I'm as graceful as a moose on roller skates; this may be one of the best books I've ever read on creativity in general.

I have a lot to do and since I'm off this week I planned on doing an amazing amount of work. I watched DVD's, Hulu, checked Facebook, redid files, and opened every email as it popped into my in basket. The beginning of the book is about eliminating distractions and that's when I started taking notes.

I'm implementing several of her ideas such as creative pathways and keeping all the project notes in a box. She uses office supply boxes but I'll use the ones from Ikea since I want them be prettier to look at while remaining inexpensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment