Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Vacation In A Can

a carton of 3 round metal containers with clear lids



















I've admired these magnetic metal spice containers at Ikea but have been stumped for a use.

round beach image with vintage style text



















I made a fake vintage postcard using two of my photos. The tins allow for an image 3.5 inches in diameter. We collect sand everywhere we travel so I had some available to insert in the tin.

The depth was a bit more than I wanted so I put 2 layers of corrugated cardboard behind the printed image.

round tin with hawaian image and sand displayed inside



















The photo came out very blue because every time I got near a light source the plastic lid had reflected images. My inner 12 year old goes Blue Hawaii and giggles. The tin insert actually looks like the image above but with sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment