Saturday, January 2, 2010

Recycling a poster into 3 ring binder covers

Recycling a poster into 3 ring binder covers
Yesterday I was cleaning off a shelf in the laundry room and took down a Maxfield Parrish poster that was too pretty to toss but didn't merit framing. The poster had been sitting there for at least 8 years but I think it was longer. The shelf was over my daughter's pottery wheel so you can image how grody it had become.

I had a duh moment and decided to use it as inserts for 3 ring binders that I keep notes and samples in. There was enough remainder on the edge to make inserts for the binding side.

I made the 3 ring binders more attractive and re-purposed an item that has been bothering me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great idea! (Maxfield's art is great.)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete